2.08.2010

Step 1 - Quit your job

Quit your job. Really. Without warning, much thought or regard for consequences. I did. I'm becoming a capitalist. Be in control of your time, your money; your life. This will chronicle the journey of transitioning. From trading my finite time and my brainpower for money of dubious and relative value, to spending my time as I see fit.

I suppose some introduction is in order. I am a typical 20's male. Married, but unwilling to commit. Smart, energetic, talented; and burned in by corporate America. I've spent my life till now making the assumed societal choices. I pursued schooling with vigor, noting it had merit and value whereas sports did not. (Seeing some professional player salaries, perhaps I missed the mark on this one) I left high school for college early, a move spurred on by my desire to begin life. My summers were spent working for money. The jobs were chosen of course purely by how much it might pay. College was a disaster that did manage to only last 3.5 years. All said and done, society had birthed another upstanding citizen. No debt, young, fit, and eager to work. It had all the images of an American dream. I got lucky after all. I landed a job square in corporate America working in IT for a fledgling company. In exchange for 5 years of my life, they gave me money. It wasn't a fair trade. So I ended it. Which leads us to step 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment